Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Lord is My Crutch


These past few days have been rough. My household is falling ill with aches and fevers, unfortunately. It's so close to Christmas.. I hope we all feel better by then. Since we have seven people living in one house, when one of us has a cough, the next day, everyone has it. Hence, all of us getting sick at the same time. :( Icky. 

And if one person is a little better than everyone else, they get to put on the apron and play Florence Nightingale for the day.

Despite my family's illness, I have been falling apart by the seems, due to winter arising. That is also most unfortunate. Right when I have Christmas break and friends want to do things, and I have parties to go to, my health tends to decline. Thus, I have been subdued by illness and crutches--yikes!
So, my week hasn't been the best, however, there is always hope on the morrow. 


There are days when I look great: brushed hair, showered skin, make up, and jeans. Well, today is most certainly not that day. I straightened my hair a little while ago, and I haven't had the energy to do much at all. I went out yesterday, however. Got some Christmas shopping done, but not for very long. Today I went to class in my yoga pants with a crutch under my arm. 

And as I was struggling down the halls, trying to keep my balance and not to fall over, I remembered Who the ultimate crutch is in our lives. I felt stronger knowing that through every labored step I took, I was truly leaning on Him for strength--not myself. 

~Sayda

No comments :

Post a Comment